Why Should Kids Eat Breakfast?
There are many benefits to eating breakfast, but it is especially important for children and adolescents.
- Eating breakfast everyday makes you 34% less likely to develop type 2 diabetes
- Eating breakfast makes you 43% less likely to become obese than people who don’t eat breakfast
- People who regularly eat breakfast have been shown to eat 12% healthier through the rest of the day.
- Eating breakfast has been shown to improve mental performance and memory throughout the day.
How Can I Encourage My Child to Eat Breakfast?
Despite the many benefits of eating breakfast, many children do not eat breakfast on a regular basis. There are a number of reasons for this, including time constraints, lack of hunger, and preferences for unhealthy foods. However, there are ways to overcome these obstacles and make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast every day.
- Make sure your child eats breakfast is to involve them in the process. Have them help you plan and prepare meals, and let them choose from a variety of healthy options.
- Make sure your child eats breakfast is to set a regular schedule. Make sure they eat at the same time every day, and have a light snack ready for them if they are still hungry after breakfast.
- Make sure you have healthy breakfast options available. If your child does not like eggs or oatmeal, there are plenty of other healthy foods they can eat for breakfast.
Eating breakfast is one of the best things you can do for your health, and it is especially important for children and adolescents. There are many benefits to eating breakfast, including improved mental performance, concentration, and memory. Eating breakfast also provides the energy and nutrients that growing bodies need to function properly. If you make sure your child has a healthy breakfast every day, they will be able to reap all of these
If you have questions about your child’s diet or are struggling to find foods your child likes, reach out to a pediatrician.